A+ ATHLETICS RETURN-TO-PLAY
Football, Volleyball & Cross Country
1. Staff will screen students for symptoms and take their temperature until school starts.
2. Continue temperature checks until school starts.
3. Masks/Face coverings are required at all times, including arrival/entry and dismissal/exit, except during strenuous activity, as provided by UIL.
4. Athletes must arrive at a designated entry location and remain 6’ apart with masks/face coverings during each day’s check in process. Athletes are required to leave the premises as soon as released. No congregating in the parking lot.
5. Bring your own jug of water-no sharing.
6. Hand sanitizer at all entrances & spread out through facility. Students will be taught how to properly
wash hands and expect to do so often.
7. Deep cleaning of all facilities after use.
8. No showering until Face to Face school starts (use social distancing during face to face school).
9. Coaches will wear gloves while handling laundry. Students are permitted to launder their own clothes at home.
10. Equipment will be sanitized after each group uses it.
11. Lockers will be open but students will wear mask/face covering and maintain social distancing from
each other. Coaches will monitor locker room to maintain compliance.
12. No visitors to practice!
13. Students and staff will wear masks while traveling on a bus.
* All health and safety guidelines are subject to change depending on TEA & UIL guidelines
Gyms & Weight Rooms – 50% capacity
A+ ATHLETICS RETURN-TO-PLAY
*Anyone that is COVID symptomatic or has a lab-confirmed COVID test must not report and cannot return until the TEA/UIL conditions have been met:
Any individuals who themselves either:
(a) are lab-confirmed to have COVID-19; or
(b) Experience the symptoms of COVID-19 (listed below) must stay at home throughout the infection period, and cannot return to campus until the school system screens the individual to determine any of the below conditions for campus re-entry have been met. In the case of an individual who was diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual may return to school when all three of the following criteria are met.
I. at least one day (24 hours) has passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of
II. the individual has improvement in symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and
III. at least ten days have passed since symptoms first appeared. In the case of an individual who has symptoms that could be COVD-19 and who is not evaluated by a medical professional or tested for COVID-19, such individual is assumed to have COVID-19, and the individual may not return to the campus until the individual has completed the same three-step set of criteria listed above.
If the individual has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and wants to return to school before completing the above stay at home period, the individual must either (a) obtain a medical professional’s note clearing the individual for return based on an alternative diagnosis or (b) obtain an acute infection test at an approved testing location (https://tdem.texas.gov/covid-19/) that comes back negative for COVID-19.